Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

A sweet slice of life....Must-try cakes and pastries in the islands...

So if you ask me, what I do? I say, "I travel and experience a taste of every place,". Whenever I am out, I love to act and feel like a local of the place-  trying hard to speak the dialect, listen to local's stories especially those who are in poverty, and experience the place, culture and food.

And every time I am on travel, personal or work-related,  I make sure to spend time alone, be in the beach or enjoy those only-in-this place- coffee shops and restaurants.

And I know it is hard to find if you don't know the place or if it is your first time to visit the place, especially if you travel alone. I know how it feels because I am one, I am like you.

And so I'd like to share with you few of my best finds across the islands of Philippines. And since I am sweet today, I'd like you to share with you sweet foodies - cakes and pastries - that literally melts in your mouth.

Every time I visit the place, the trip is not complete without re(tasting) these yummy foodies. Here are, for me, the must-try across the islands of Philippines:

Sampaguita Garden's Chocolate Moist cake- New Washington, Aklan 

The chocolate they are using are belgian chocolates. It cost  70 pesos, almost two dollars. The chocolate moist cake is their bestseller and the first to be sold out.  Sampaguita Gardens is just  few minutes from Kalibo and almost two hours from Boracay.  It is the home of Precious Moments Dolls. 

Bacolod City, Calea Cake

Calea cakes! And that's only  in Bacolod City. People won't leave Bacolod without going to Calea shop. They have best ice cream cakes. Too bad you can't bring it home as it melts easily. But they have chocolate moist cake. It is good for pasalubong. 



Tacloban, Leyte- Miyara's Cakes and Pastries

My new find and addiction- Miyara's red velvet cupcake. A cupcake that literally melts in your mouth with a cheesecake filling and topping. Miyaras cakes and pastries store is found right in front of Development Bank of the Philippines,  Tacloban City. 

Mint Leaf's Blueberry Cheesecake - Malaybalay, Bukidnon

The best cheesecake I ever tasted so far. If you are in Malaybalay, just tell the tricycle to drop you off to Mint Leaf. And if you love Durian, try their Durian coffee, a perfect combination for your cheesecake and the cozy ambiance plus the fanstastic Baguio-like weather.


Sans Rival's Silvanas - Dumaguete, Negros Oriental 
Your Dumaguete experience won't be complete if you miss to visit Sans Rival and taste their Silvanas. Sans Rival is just near the Boulevard and well-known to locals, just ask the tricycle driver to drop you off to their shop.

So far those are the best but of course I am still counting...

C'mon friends, join me in finding good stuff here in Philippines. Let's go, taste and explore the sweet slice of life. It's in our hands.

2 comments:

Moxology said...

kalami!

Unknown said...

Super, Mox! They are the best cakes ever tasted so far. Naa pa diay isa nadiscover naku, from CdeO. Cakeistry ang name. Yum ila cakes pud