Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Colorful Mask

Sometimes putting on 'the  colorful mask' is much helpful than not wearing it.  For me, as a woman dealing with a demanding career and family -  a big sister to my grade school brother and BS Chem student sister  a child to my mother and father, who is battling against colon cancer, the mask can often times cover up my disappointments, numbness and  worries  and even insanity. It  has been my shield not to break down when I am  in front of everyone. 

But when  the day ends, when I am left alone,  I sit at the corner, get my handy human-sized mirror, and start to let it out, without no one  noticing me cry
But I know someday I'll face the mirror putting off my 'colorful mask' and  I will  tell myself, with all conviction and a grateful and genuine smile, " Thank You for making me a tough woman of God."

0 comments: