Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Life of a facilitator: Blooper-blooper din pag may time!

Me sharing to the participants the importance of verifying the information through a triangular method, a method where you identify and interview those people close to your interviewee.


Life of a facilitator: It's always a struggle  for facilitators to keep the participants awake and attentive especially when the slot given is in the afternoon, when everyone is tired to listen and sleepy. 

Here is my share of blooper: 


I was sharing to health and nutrition and economic development staff and practitioners about practical tips on capturing stories.

In one of the tips I shared, I was relating it to showbiz personality to catch their attention since they started getting sleepy. I can't remember the specific thought I said 
but in gist I told the participants that I used to like Daniel Padilla,to the point that I was consuming my entire day watching him on Youtube and following him on Twitter. But what came out from my mouth was the name of Dennis Padilla, an old divorced comedian.

And everyone was laughing out loud, then a doctor said, "Ka-edad mo gali si Dennis Padilla,
Mai?"
What an embarrassment but listening to their laughter relieved me. At least, I knew they were listening. Still, yesterday was a mission accomplished!


0 comments: