Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 06, 2013

I'm a child of a father with cancer

I dare to post this photo to signify my sympathy to those women who are in pain struggling of breast cancer and those family members who live in fear, afraid that one day the woman/ man they love dearly will be away from them forever (on a worldly context though. Worldly because I believe in eternity with my God who may also be your God.)

I am this emotional when talking about cancer because I'm a child of a father diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. I have my share of heartbreaking stories as I used not to accept the fact that the man closest to me has cancer. I had my share of grief when I found out that my Papa Lando has cancer.

I experienced denial, anger, depression, bargaining, and acceptance. I had been to all those stages, of course journeying with family, not just once but I experienced the entire stages for a couple of times since the time my Papa Lando was diagnosed with the disease March of 2012.

And as of this writing, I guess I already accepted that my Papa has cancer. He is under medication through alternative medicine and as of September this year,
the doctor said that he is already on safe zone and we are looking forward and still praying for him to be cancer-free.

Again, I'm one with all women,
and men, who are suffering from cancer,
all those family members who has/have loved ones suffering from cancer and even those family members that miss their loved ones who departed because of cancer.

And to those who have loved ones with cancer, like me, let's have faith that God heals those who seek to be healed. Let's keep fighting for them. Please know and remember that they draw strength from us. They continue to fight against cancer because they know they're loved.

In felt that from my Papa Lando and I believe he has that good fighting spirit because he knows he is loved by his wife, son, daughters, sisters, in-laws, nieces, nephews, cousins, even our neighbors, family friends and my workmates who continuously pray for him all the time, and of course he knows that God loves him dearly.

Note: If you are with me and if you know someone who has the same challenges, I don't mind if you share this. I hope this blog inspires others to hold on and continue fighting, for the sake of the people we love.

2 comments:

Gracielle said...

Hi Mai.... I feel your pain. It's never easy to accept when someone we love so dearly are in such pain. I'm glad you are strong enough to survive everything. Your strength(and that of your family) will make your father stronger and more prepared to fight his battles. =)

Unknown said...

Hi Gra! Thank you so much. Yes, it's totally difficult but challenges like this really build the family. If you know someone who has the same thbattle, you can share this to them for them to realise that they're not alone in this battle.