Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Saigon in random

Below are the random things I learned on my first day in Saigon. It's my first time in Saigon and I was mesmerized with it's laid-back ambiance,  the food  really affordable), and shopping here is really fun.

 I guess my travel buddies - Eure and Vemah -  agree  to me as we were together learning and experiencing  Saigon for four days.


Eure, in violet, and Vemah, in gray dress. They too are aid workers who have done so much for earthquake and Typhoon Haiyan survivors. 




Saigon is not gender sensitive. From the place where we are staying, men and women are just in one dormitory-type room.

This is the dormitory we staying. And yes, it is really affordable and the most important thing - it's safe and clean. 


The Owner  advises to leave the guests' passports for safe keeping. It's different from other countries, just like in our home country - Philippines - that you need to bring it to you everywhere you go.

Bikes and motorbikes are all around the streets and even at the main roads.

Vietnamese family has at least one motorcycle.

I told you, they're all around Saigon.


There is a an affordable restaurant that has the yummiest kangkong dish sautéed with garlic. Saigon is the only place that makes me love kangkong more.


The owner of the place where we are  staying advice us to be careful of our things when going out. Just like any other places, snatchers are all around the place as well. And we even witnessed how snatchers did it. Their targets are  foreigners from western countries.

Some of the boutique owners would ask you to get inside their shop on barefoot.

Pho, a soup with so many veggies, is a Vietnam specialty. It become one my favorite foodies.

Vietnamese girls love to wear 'heaven/ hanging' clothes to show their 'pusod' or tummy.

Vietnamese vendors normally wear 'terno' clothes.



On a normal Saturday, locals and tourists love to party along the busy streets of Bue Vien, District 1.

With Vietnam's currency, I'm four million richer.  Vietnam call their money 'dong'.



Everywhere here at Bue Vien Street has a free wifi access.

Vietnamese locals love street foods. And everyone- locals and tourists- eat just along the streets.

With my travel buddies - Vemah, Kuya Jhun and Majo- enjoying our favorite Banh Mi. It's a bread with vegetables and meat. 




My name 'Mai' is so common here and it is a name of a famous Vietnamese flower.

This is the flower Mai famous in Vietnam.

Know more of my Saigon experience with my awesome buddies on my next blog.
Their version of pancake. Inside it are shrimps and veggies.




Notre Dame Cathedral in Saigon.


Vietnam has so many parks. And all the trees are numbered.







Vemah with the paintings on her background done by Vietnamese artist.

















Holland village in Vietnam Park. This place was filled with Holland goodies, artworks and flowers.

We really had a blast in Saigon. We won't plan to go back there if we didn't enjoy it. 


Note: All photos were taken using my mobile phone. 

0 comments: