Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 01, 2014

February 2, one of my favorite days.

A year ago today, Papa Lando thought it was just an ordinary birthday for him - eat together at home and talk with his sisters who are in Australia over Skype, to greet him.

But when he was told that we were going out for dinner, he was somehow reluctant but still prepared for it. And as soon as he with my Mama arrived in an hotel, in our hometown, he was really in awe.

Without any idea, what was going on, he opened  the door. It was dark then suddenly the lights turned on and he heard the party poppers and heard everyone singing the 'Happy Birthday' song.

His eyes dampened when he saw  EVERYONE especially his sisters, nieces, nephew, brother-in-laws, whom he rarely see.  The family went home to the Philippines to celebrate my Papa's 50th birthday.

He was hugged by everyone while everyone didn't stop singing the  "Happy Birthday' song.  My Papa Lando was teary-eyed and surprised. "Today is the best day of my life," he said.


Now, on his 51st birthday, we are not together and I'm not home but for sure he feels so blessed to know that he is loved and to have given another year after he was diagnosed with Stage 3 Colon Cancer, two years ago this year.

Happy birthday, Papa Lando. I will never turn my back on you and our family, whatever happens.

Thank you, Lord, for giving me and my siblings - Sha and John Paul- the best Papa. Thank You, Lord, for Your faithfulness to my Papa Lando and to my family.

We may not have the luxuries in life but being with our Papa (I hope it's going to be always in the next months and years) and seeing him and knowing his healthy everyday are blessings that we truly appreciate. It's the best gift my Papa and my family is receiving from You every day.

My only prayer and wish for him on his 51st birthday is for You to totally heal him. For him to be officially a cancer survivor. Amen!



Surprise! Aunty Joy, Papa Lando's younger sister welcomes him on his birthday celebration with a flower. 

Sibling's love

Overwhelmed.  Papa  Lando is overwhelm to see everyone close to him. 

Aunty Joy walks Papa Lando to his birthday cake. And another surprise awaits. 


Aunty Joy introduces the next surprise covered in a red curtain. 


Here comes the another surprise. Papa Lando didn't know that Aunty Chona, his younger sister, Uncle Ray and niece Christine and nephew Paul went home for his birthday. 

Papa's first sight of Auntie Chona, his younger sister. He never thought Auntie Chona was coming home for his birthday. The last time they saw each other was when I graduated college, 8 years ago.


The siblings. 

Papa Lando's precious gift.  The Zamora's is almost complete. 

Cousins with Lolo Pedring. 

My ever supportive friends.  

Papa Lando and my younger sibling Sha. It was a double celebration since it was also Sha's 18th birthday. 

My gems! 

Almost complete.  Papa Lando, Aunty Chona, Lolo Pedring, Aunty Joy and Uncle Ronald. (photo from left to right.) When can they be together again in one room, in one house? 

because it's their first time to celebrate a birthday together, after having their own families...

Papa Lando's gems. Notice the non-verbal gestures. 



0 comments: