Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Adventure: Climb to Osmena Peak

#Dalaguete, #Cebu, #Philippines

I've always wanted to climb mountains because it's a reminder for me to push,  go beyond limits and breakthrough.

 And just yesterday, I made a last minute decision to climb Osmena Peak ignoring deadlines for few hours. :P

And of course lone time on top of the mountain is on my bucket list. This adventure  is another tick but  as I climbed, with every step to the top and gasping for breath, there is this whisper, it must be nature telling me, "Mai, enjoy being a wild card for now. Strive harder and never quit. This isn't your first time to feel  that way, you managed it before and I know you will get through it with a good view from the top."


Anyway more to the dramas. Here is  a glimpse of Osmena Peak.

s. 
Enchanting trees seen along the road to Mantalongon. 
Basket full of cabbage. Mantalongon is known as the food basket of Cebu.  

We thought this is the  road to Osmena Peak but it was not. The habal-habal driver got lost of direction. :P





The locals of Mantalongon at the foot of Osmena Peak. They are so nice and so welcoming to climbers and visitors. 


Manong graciously taught me the way to the peak. I intentionally didn't hired guide because I am a child labor advocate.  The guides are kids ages seven to ten years old.

The way to the peak. It's an easy trek and it will take you 30 minutes to reach the top. 


Fresh cabbage. It is all around Mantolongon and especially at the foot of the peak. 





This looks like a fairyland to me.


Finally! View from the peak. This is a normal view in the morning.  If you are not in hurry, wait for they sky to clear to see the view of the ocean which happens around lunch time. 


taking a rest on a not so sharp-pointed rock while having coffee and at the same time reading a devotional book..  

This is  nine-year-old Jonamie. She is  young  with an innocent and pinkish face but  this cute little girl  guided more than  more than ten climbers / visitors to the peak that day. 







The rocks here are really sharp-pointed. 


On the peak. It's cold up here and you will enjoy observing the fog passing by on you while enjoying the cold weather, just like of Baguio or even Sagada. 


This is Osmena Peak. It's an easy trek to the peak and a good 'me -time' place close to Cebu City. 

0 comments: