Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

It used to be a mere dream

It's been a privilege to come to #England to share my Typhoon Haiyan experiences and the stories of the survivors I met. The audience moved with Patrick's story - check this story - http://worldvisionmagazine.org/story/aid-worker-s-diary-answered-prayers.

Last Tuesday, I had the chance to speak to World Vision UK colleagues during their weekly devotion: Wednesday with corporate donors who have been very supportive, they've been supporting World Vision for two decades now.

This photo was during the devotion with almost a 100 audience, including the World Vision UK CEO Justin Byworth (wearing white longsleeves). And what made me feel overjoyed was when at the end of every sharing, the audience will approach saying, "Thank you! I moved by your story. I was weeping while you were sharing." Hearing it just so priceless. That feeling of connection to your audience from the stories share means a lot.

Whoops,I look funny on this photo but sharing it anyway as a remembrance for this amazing, and dream-come- true opportunity in no less than, the place that I never expected to visit. UK has been my dream place to visit.

0 comments: