Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Mis(s)adventures with Lolo Pedring!

Got so many fond childhood memories with this old man.
When I was still a child, I always run to him every time my mama scolds me, he then go to our house to scold my mama back; he drives me to school with his big vintage bicycle and after school, he calls me at home when snack is ready. He used to cook pig's brain for me,
believing that it will make me smart.


But when I already have a mind on my own, we started to have a love- hate relationship.

I scold him; he scolds me back. I used to stalk him with his girls. And for two times, I was caught on a fight with his girls,
telling the girls to avoid my chickboy Lolo Pedring.

He even summoned me in the barangay for it. Funny, right?

Despite all those, what remains is those fond childhood memories I have with my old man.

And when I come home from weeks and months of being away, I always look forward to see him outside our gate with his big smiles and with those slow and soft spoken words, "Naa man lagi ka? Asa ka gikan?" He will then call, "Lan (my papa's name) and Bei (my mama's name), naa si Mai-mai!'

And on the next morning, he comes to our house saying, "Kape b!" and of course the granddaughter serves him coffee immediately.

Happy Father's Day, Lolo! I may not be always around to take care of you but I will always stand by you and will live my promise not to leave you behind.

0 comments: