Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

'til next time, Siem Reap

You are all tensed up so you always expect the worst. Relax your body, and the rest of you will lighten up - Haruki Murakami.
The amazing Angkor Wat taken early in the morning. Sunrise was not good but, still, this place is picturesque.

These lines hit me. The lines from the book I am reading while spending my ‘me time’, as my-personal-annual-tradition, in my purple rain hammock hang under the trees at the Ta Prohm Temple.
The tour guide takes a photo of the tourist in front of Ta Prohm Temple.

It was almost lunchtime when I became sleepy from waking up early to witness the sun rising with the picturesque view of  Angkor Wat Temple and from being tired of walking around the temples.  

Nonetheless, it was therapeutic to walk around, take photos of the view and other tourists who were requesting me to take their photos, and meet fellow travellers – lone or group- from different countries.  
A monk takes a tour. As he passed by he asked me, "Are you happy?". I gave him a smile and said 'yes'.
When my body was relaxed while laying in my hammock and hearing the birds chirping like an orchestra, I found focus and those lines started sinking in despite overhearing the tour guides talking about the history of the temple and  describing why a portion of the stem of the huge tree, referring to the tree in front me, was cut. I understood what the  guides  were saying but I didn't understand my fellow travellers as they speak on their own language.
Two lady guides wait for their guests who are taking photos with Ta Prohm Temple as their background.
at ta Ta Prohm Temple. 
I let my guards down as the book suggested. I  read. Fell asleep. Read. Slept again and  later on went out of the temple and decided to go for shopping at the old market before going back to the guest house. 

For the record, yesterday, was the first time I became too overwhelmed of shopping. I was excited with what I got. 

I never thought that doing all those could give me the peace of mind that I had been longing since last year. Yes, I had been nursing a profound burnout.  Since then, I had a hard time fighting against my own demons.

Most might have not known it but my closest friends have been concern about it. They kept on telling me how they  miss the real me but, honestly, I didn't know how to recover. I just keep on fighting. 
Monkeys are everywhere. I wanted to get in the forest but I was afraid of these monkeys.

The yellow balloon seen from the top of Angkor Wat.
Closer look of the ballon. 

The experience is really therapeutic. I  may not have gone to all the temples, which I don't think  is necessary, but this new adventure just lift my mood, my creativity.  And I think my excitement in life is back.  Until now, I still can't understand how it happened. 

 If this what it takes for me to be always at my best,  I will keep doing it. Never mind how much it will cost me. 
Here is my signature pose. 
Yes, I think, I am back to life after enjoying the space I needed for a life changing ‘me time’. 

Now, I can’t contain my excitement. I think, I am back to the real me – eager, creative and passionate.
A temple tour guide was fascinated to see a hammock under the trees. He approached me and I asked him to take a photo of me which he willingly did. 
Thank you for the experience. ‘til next time,  Siem Reap.
with Phem, the warm owner of the Happy Guest House, at her chill out zone 

This entry was written at the homey restaurant area of Happy Guest House, in Siem Reap, Cambodia, before traveling back to Ho chi Minh, Vietnam.  If you travel alone or with friends or family, this place is a good one if you want a relax ambiance. The staff members are friendly. Special shout out  Phem , the owner of the guest house, for being so warm.

Note: If you happen to feel the same,  referring to burnout, I recommend you to do this. It worked for me, it might work for you. 

0 comments: